Related Research Guides & Webpages
Few buildings have a book or extensive article with their entire history. Researching the history of a house or building is a process which can yield fascinating information about the building and people associated with it. Elements of building history research include:
- Preliminary research on the building itself and the immediate neighborhood.
- The land or site on which the building is located
- The building itself: original plans and architect, materials, and changes to the building over time
- The people who designed the structure as well as those who lived in or worked in/on the building
- Events and activities which occurred in the building
- Using resources in other collections and online resources