Split Rock Lighthouse Records, 1910 - 1967.
Original, microfilmed, and photocopied records of the lighthouse keepers, containing daily entries on station activities and upkeep; expenditures; weather; shipping conditions; visitors; and social events on Lake Superior’s north shore during the shipping season.
MNHS call number: Digital Finding Aid
The Building of Split Rock Light Station, Minnesota, 1959.
A typed brief report on the construction of the lighthouse. Tinkham was the designing engineer and supervised the construction. The building was started in 1908 and completed in 1910. Information is given on the importance of the lighthouse and the problems involved in its construction.
MNHS call number: See finding aid in the library (P1138-7).
Minnesota Historical Society: An Inventory of Its Institutional Archives
The archives of the Minnesota Historical Society reflect and document the history of the organization from its 1849 beginning as the first private corporation chartered by the territorial legislature. They include records from all of its administrative and program units, including Split Rock Lighthouse as part of the Historic Sites division.
MNHS call number: Digital Finding Aid.
Division of Parks and Recreation.
, Mike Roberts.
St. Cloud, Minn: North Star Press of St. Cloud, 2010.
MNHS call number: VK 1025.S64 R62 2010
Split Rock Fog-Signal, by Stephen P. Hall
Typed notes on the history and operation of fog signal at Split Rock Lighthouse. Includes information on interpretive topics for first season of operation as a historic site and future plans.
MNHS call number: F 612. L37 D626 1977
A Master Plan for Split Rock Lighthouse Historic Site, by Architectural Resources, Inc.
Plans prepared for Minnesota Historical Society for the operation of the lighthouse as a historic site. Includes site background, visitor and operational needs, plans for site and building improvements, outline of proposed interpretive program, and associated financial information.
MNHS call number: F 612.L37 S627