Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Minnesota Historical Society holds the world's largest collection of Minnesota newspapers, with dates ranging from 1849 to the present day.
Past issues of most newspaper titles are available on microfilm in the MNHS library, but there is also digital access to select newspapers.
Use the links to the left to search for newspapers available at MNHS and to search within digitized newspaper collections.
Suggested Newspapers & Dates
- Minneapolis Star
- Minneapolis Tribune
- St. Paul Pioneer Press
- St. Paul Dispatch
- May 1940: Sister Kenny demonstrates her techniques at the Mayo Clinic
- December 17th, 1942: Sister Kenny Institute dedicated
- June 1943: Sister Kenny has lunch with President Roosevelt at the White House
- September 29, 1943: Sister Elizabeth Kenny Foundation formed
- September 29, 1946: The film "Sister Kenny" premiers in Time Square
- November 30th, 1952: Sister Kenny dies in Australia
- December 4, 1952: Twin Cites memorial for Sister Kenny held at Westminster Presbyterian Church
- June 21, 1976: New Sister Kenny Institute building dedicated on Abbott-Northwestern campus
Search for Newspapers
Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub
A searchable website of Minnesota newspapers. Contains geographically and culturally diverse papers from 1856 to 1924.
Historical Minneapolis Tribune
Search or browse in the 1867-2001 issues of the Minneapolis Tribune. This database is only available in the library.
Search by city and title of newspaper (i.e. Granite Falls Tribune) or by the city and "newspapers" (i.e. Granite Falls newspapers).
Newspapers at MNHS
Search various historic newspapers for advertisements and articles about people, events, and activities.
Access digital historic newspapers from MN and other states through this project by the Library of Congress.
Electronic Library of MN
MN residents can search online magazine, journal, newspaper, and encyclopedia articles and eBooks.