Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Suggested Newspapers & Dates
- Minneapolis Star
- Minneapolis Star-Tribune
- Minneapolis Tribune
- St. Paul Pioneer Press
- November 26, 1922: Charles M. Schulz was born in St. Paul, Minnesota
- June 27, 1947 - January 22, 1950: Li'l Folks comic strip ran in the St. Paul Pioneer Press
- October 2, 1950: First Peanuts comic strip appeared in the Minneapolis Star on page B7, along with a short article about Schulz
- April 18, 1951: Schulz married Joyce Steele Halvorson in Minneapolis
- January 6, 1952: First full color Peanuts strip was published
- September, 1973: Schulz married second wife, Jean Forsyth Clyde
- January, 2000: Schulz retired
- February 12, 2000: Schulz died in Santa Rosa, California
- 2000-2004: "Peanuts on Parade" statues on display in St. Paul, Minnesota
Search for Newspapers
Minnesota Digital Newspaper Hub
A searchable website of Minnesota newspapers. Contains geographically and culturally diverse papers from 1856 to 1924.
Historical Minneapolis Tribune
Search or browse in the 1867-2001 issues of the Minneapolis Tribune. This database is only available in the library.
Search by city and title of newspaper (i.e. Granite Falls Tribune) or by the city and "newspapers" (i.e. Granite Falls newspapers).
Newspapers at MNHS
Search various historic newspapers for advertisements and articles about people, events, and activities.
Access digital historic newspapers from MN and other states through this project by the Library of Congress.
Electronic Library of MN
MN residents can search online magazine, journal, newspaper, and encyclopedia articles and eBooks.
The Minnesota Historical Society holds the world's largest collection of Minnesota newspapers, with dates ranging from 1849 to the present day.
Past issues of most newspaper titles are available on microfilm in the MNHS library, but there is also digital access to select newspapers.
Use the links to the left to search for newspapers available at MNHS and to search within digitized newspaper collections.