Last Updated: Jun 3, 2014
- Visit the MNHS Library
Original materials, records, and newspapers on microfilm are available on site and reference staff can help with research.
- MNHS Research Services
Order copies of records, articles, or other specific materials from the MNHS collections.
- Interlibrary Loan
MNHS loans out most microfilm materials. Contact your local library for more information and assistance with this service.
- Online Research
Some items such as newspapers, articles, photos and objects are available online. Look for links within this guide.
- Other Libraries
Many books listed in the Secondary Sources page can be borrowed from other libraries.
The Minnesota Historical Society Library holds naturalization records for all 87 counties and the Minnesota Supreme Court. These records are on microfilm and organized by county. To find the records of a specific person, follow the steps listed in this research guide:
- Learn about the naturalization records that you might find
- Search Indexes to find where records are located
- Access the records on microfilm
- Common Problems: Suggestions for when your search is difficult
- Other Minnesota records related to immigration and citizenship
- More: Find materials held by other institutions
Gale Family Library
MN Historical Society Library
345 West Kellogg Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55102
By Phone (651-259-3300)
Tuesday: 9am to 8pm
Wed. to Sat.: 9am to 4pm