Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Minnesota Historical Society Library holds naturalization records for all 87 counties and the Minnesota Supreme Court. These records are on microfilm and organized by county. To find the records of a specific person, follow the steps listed in this research guide:
- Learn about the naturalization records that you might find
- Search Indexes to find where records are located
- Access the records on microfilm
- Common Problems: Suggestions for when your search is difficult
- Other Minnesota records related to immigration and citizenship
- More: Find materials held by other institutions
Related Research Guides & Webpages
Visit the MNHS Library
Original materials, records, and newspapers on microfilm are available on site and reference staff can help with research.
MNHS Research Services
Order copies of records, articles, or other specific materials from the MNHS collections.
MNHS loans out most microfilm materials. Contact your local library for more information and assistance with this service.
Some items such as newspapers, articles, photos and objects are available online. Look for links within this guide.
Many books listed in the Secondary Sources page can be borrowed from other libraries.